When importing Dassle IIF you get an error that states:
Warning: You must specify a vendor name for the sales tax account
- In order to fix the error, find out what account Sales Tax is set to inside of Dassle.
- Once you know that, go into Quickbooks > Lists > Chart of accounts
- Right click on the sales tax account > click edit
- Rename it and assign it a different account number. For simplicity just add -1 to the end of name and the account. Save
- Import the IIF file again and the account will be recreated.
- Find the new account that Dassle just created inside of Quickbooks
- Edit the account changing it to the original account number (usually creates blank), original name and account type as Other Current Liability > Hit Save
- Now go back and edit the the original account (The one that you added -1 to the end of name and account number). Remove the -1 and save
- QB will now ask you if you want to merge this account (original) into your new account. Select yes and enter the password.
- Try to import again and you should have no errors